There are a number of Health benefits of the ‘Miracle leaf’. This article will discuss its benefits and how is used:
· Useful in Urinary disorders:
Give 5 ml juice of its leaves to the patient suffering from thirst and any disorder related to urinary system. It is a very good and effective cure. In case of urine related disorder in men, give 40-60 ml of its decoction with 2 gm. honey mixed in it. Give this twice a day.
· Helpful in Boils:
Slightly warm its leaves and crush them. Tie it as poultice on the affected area. It cures boils, redness and swelling too.
Give 5-10 drops of the extract of its aerial parts. It is beneficial in controlling blood pressure.
· Treats Headache:
Crush its leaves and apply on the forehead. It cures headache.
· Aids in Eye pain:
Extract the juice of its leaves and apply all around the eyes. It cures painful a white part of eyes.
· Treatment for Wounds:
Slightly warm the leaves and then crush them and tie on the wound. It helps the wound heal faster and also eliminates the scar
· Treat piles at home:
Drink the extract of the leaves twice daily to get an effective cure for piles.
· Good for the liver:
Bryophyllum pinnatum promotes the health of the liver. You can cure jaundice fast.
· Treat ear pain:
Get a fast cure for your ear pain by applying the juice of the leaves.
· Cure boils:
Crush a few leaves and form a poultice. Apply this on the boils. You can use this on redness and swelling of the skin.
· Helps heart health:
It improves the health of the heart.
· Treat colds and coughs:
For common cold and coughs, the juice of the leaves along with sugar candy will help. This can help people suffering from asthma also.
· Anti-inflammatory property:
By applying the paste of the leaves on the place of the swelling, you can reduce it significantly.
· Relieves stomach ache:
If you have a stomach ache, you can get relief by having the decoction of the leaves.
· Diuretic action:
You can cure urinary disorders with the juice of the Bryophyllum pinnatum leaf. This is good for curing excessive thirst. Drink a potion of 40-60 ml every day in the morning and evening.
· Teething problems:
Babies who are cutting their first teeth will have relief from the pain.
· Anthelmintic action:
Bryophyllum pinnatum helps remove worms in the intestine effectively. Have the decoction of the leaves twice a day with honey.
· Corrects dysentery:
Have the leaf extract with honey to get relief from dysentery.
It is widely used as an herbal remedy for many different types of ailments, especially bronchial conditions.
· An herbal tea made from this herb is useful to treat conditions such as shortness of breath, kidney failure, menstrual problems, asthma, coughs, bronchitis, as well as chest cold.
· Placing the back of the leaves on open sores, cuts and wounds will promote healing, stops bleeding as well as prevents infection.
· Stem as well as the leaves can be placed in water and taken daily to rid the body of mucous and waste matter.
· Fresh leaves of leaf of life can also be eaten raw as a medicinal remedy for asthma, bronchitis and intestinal problems.
· Leaf extract is taken on an empty stomach for treatment of urinary bladder stones and fever in children.
Patients under ‘Aspirin’ medication should take care to take the decoction or fresh juice of the Bryophyllum pinnatum as it may interact or reduce the efficacy of Aspirin.
Wonder of the world should not be consumed during pregnancy!
Editor: AKU TETTEH