Do not throw your stale or leftover bread away cos you can make breadcrumbs out of them.
If you barely finish the bread you buy, they mostly, will go stale.
Store them in the freezer until you are less busy to make breadcrumbs out of them.
You can use it as thickeners in food and for flavour. For instance the omelet you will learn today 😋♥️
1. Cut off the stale part of the bread — which is mostly the outer layer of the bread
2. Grate the bread into a pan or grind bread in a blender or food processor
3. Stir in pan over high heat till its crispy or
4. Heat in the oven till its crispy. Check and stir after every 2 to 5 minutes
5. Turn the fire off and leave to cool
6. Pour in a dry and clean container and store it on your shelf or fridge
PS: you can blend it into fine powder like I have if you want.
1. Whisk together 1 egg, ½ tomato, ½ half onion, 1 spring onion, ⅓ teaspoon of soy sauce, a pinch of salt and 1 table spoon of breadcrumbs (pepper is an option)
2. Heat coconut oil in frying pan
3. Pour the mix into the frying pan and turn the fire to medium low heat. Turn the other side of the omelet when one side is fried
4. It’s ready, serve and enjoy!
Source: Aku Tetteh